Monday, March 30, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Time for another dose of free therapy...in the form of Not Me! Monday. In case you haven't been introduced to Not Me! Monday, yet, here are a few details. This fun game originated with MckMama. Here are the rules to playing, but in sum, you just list a lot of things you "didn't" (read: actually did) do this weekend/past week. All in the name of admitting that we all make mistakes and aren't perfect.

This past week I did not do a series of completely stupid things this week (I do not blame it on pms).:

My phone DID NOT go off in class. It was not utterly embarassing and totally awful. I did not feel like a complete asshole and really childish at the same time.

On Tuesday, I certainly did not drive right past my exit for work. like-- right by it. I am not scared that I am turning into a crazy cat lady that has lost her mind and can't even get herself to work in the morning.

I did not put both contact lenses in the same chamber one night. I did not wake up and wonder where my right contact had ran to in the middle of the night. They were not stuck together and my eyes were not super dry all day long. I am NOT totally disheveled and "that always forgetful friend."

I am not getting royally screwed over by my graduate program who is forcing me to stay an extra semester for ONE CREDIT. I did not have a miserable meltdown after finding out this news and over exaggerate by claiming they were ruining my entire life. I did not wash down my tears with a margarita.**

(Intro: Boy and I have our own blankets in bed because I am a notorious blanket stealer). So, Boy did not have the brilliant idea to "try and share one blanket tonight." Within one hour I did not steal all of the blankets so that boy was shivering by himself! haha!


So, lovely ladies, what didn't you do last week?

**I'm still fighting the staying for an extra semester thing, but it's going to be a long battle. I NEED TO GRADUATE. In all honestly, I can't help being exceptionally upset about this. Boy and I talk about getting engaged after I graduate (not immediately, but you know) and when i got this news my first thought was that it delayed getting engaged and then married to Boy. I haven't told anyone that part, but it's the deepest reason that I am upset. I know its irrational and girly, but I want to begin the next phase of my life...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boo the mean people at school. Yay for you and boy!!

Sassafras said...

coming from a fellow grad student...

that is not irrational at all.

i can only imagine what kind of emotional state i would be in if i had heard this kind of news.

Olde Town Style Guide said...

That is exactly why I hate college - they just find a way to screw you over time and time again....I think they seriously look to keep you there longer than needed...

Morg - its just a class. why let it get in the way of your life?! get engaged! who cares?!

Marlene said...

Ugh, I really hope you can get out of the extra semester! Good luck!

I did not carbo-load for the 30K race that only hubby was running.

Kids, Canines, and Chaos said...

Ew.. stupid school. One credit? Really? Yuck. I know that I would have been insane if someone told me I had to stay another semester, especially if it meant delaying an impending engagement!

Saskia said...

I really hope you can graduate when you'd originally planned... I completely understand how you're feeling. Studying was great, but you reach a point where you're yearning to start 'normal life'. I'll keep hoping that it turns out ok for you.

Once, a few years ago, I woke up in the morning very confused that I could see everything (I'm short sighted). I thought that maybe I was dreaming, or perhaps that I had been the recipient of a miracle. No, it was neither. I had forgotten to take out my contacts the night before!

Saskia x

PS My parcel was the m&ms!! Thank you SO MUCH!! They're scrumptious!

Cocaine Princess said...

One of these days I'm going to have to try posting a Not Me Monday.