Monday, March 23, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Time for another dose of free therapy...in the form of Not Me! Monday. In case you haven't been introduced to Not Me! Monday, yet, here are a few details. This fun game originated with MckMama who is quite the busy woman! Here are the rules to playing, but in sum, you just list a lot of things you "didn't" (read: actually did) do this weekend/past week. All in the name of admitting that we all make mistakes and aren't perfect.

This past week...

I did not stalk all music festival websites praying for a great lineup. I was not sorely disappointed by the lack of good bands.

My car did not break 100,000 miles this week. I did not pull over on the side of the road to capture the moment with my camera.

I did not laugh hysterically (like more than anyone else in the theater) and at a certain scene in "I Love You, Man." (in the scene the girl's girlfriends were analyzing the history of her sex life with her fiance while the fiance (who was totally appalled) was listening in. A totally girl thing to know all those details and chat about it).

I did not attend a work luncheon where my snarky boss was not totally lively, jovial, and entertaining in front of the CEO, CFO, and President. It would not let his two-sidedness annoy me that much.

Ok, kinda lame this week, I know. But--liven it up with stories from what you didn't do last week?

5 comments:

Marlene said...

I saw I Love You, Man yesterday and totally laughed my ass off at that part! (and many others)

Lindsey said...

I want to see I Love You, Man now!!

Saskia said...

Two-faced people are my pet peeve. I'd much rather someone be honest, even if sometimes that can come across as harsh or brusque. Why is there ALWAYS someone like that in every office?!

x

Mrs. Not-so-Domesticated said...

Haven't seen that movie yet, maybe this weekend...

I didn't see Claire in the room with Jack's dad! And I already deleted it from my DVR. Grr. I don't know why Sun is not with the others, and I really liked Juliet with Sawyer...I don't want him to screw it up with Kate.

Olde Town Style Guide said...

Ugh! I want to see that movie now so I can giggle too!

I would never ever...start crying the moment I sat down at Jess's wedding when I saw her parents listed "as with us in spirit"...no way...I would never let my emotions get to me like that - especially not when we were in one of the first few rows!!