Monday, May 18, 2009

Running Playlists

As I've mentioned a few times, I'm training for the Baltimore Marathon in October. I ran the half last year and since it didn't kill me, I decided to take the plunge and run the whole thing.

But, my ipod needs some serious updating. I've got a "Half Marathon" play list, but I need over 2 more hours of songs to get me through the whole thing (and all the training I have planned from now until October).

So, ladies, I'm asking for your help. Can you comment with some of your favorite songs to run/work out to? I like to run to songs that are upbeat/ have a faster beat and will listen to mostly everything (except Country).

Can't wait to read your suggestions

7 comments:

Pink Pearls & Muddy Sneakers said...

ooo will you post the suggestions you get? also, check out Chic Runner - she did a post of her playlist not long ago.

Alana @ The Good Girl Gone Blog said...

Ok I am definitely going to make you a fabtastic playlist, but I'm literally unpacking my new apartment. So...after I get all the boxes and stuff out of my room, I will totally do it :)

I'm no runner, but on the occasional time I make it to the gym, I like to have good music.

Mrs. Potts said...

I was going to say that the Chic Runner did a post like this.

I tend to lean to 80's music & then rap. So here are some of mine.

I'm in Miami B*tch - LMFAO
Circus - Britney Spears
Hit the Floor - Pit Bull
Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas
Crazy B*tch - Buck Cherry
Do it Well - J.Lo
Fat Bottomed Girls - Queen
Into the Night - Santana

Anonymous said...

Holding Out for a Hero- Frou Frou
Alive With the Glory of Love- Say Anyway
Salty Dog- Flogging Molly
Foundations-Kate Nash
Bring It- Cobra Starship

Chic Runner said...

Hello! http://www.chicrunner.com/2009/03/power-playlists.html

That is the link to the list. I also was going to update the list a little bit this week, I found some new jams. :)

Marlene said...

Pink, Pink and more Pink!

I also enjoy running to The Killers.

Ivy and Haley said...

I like running to upbeat and kind of silly songs

-Zoot Suit Riot
-Build Me Up Buttercup
-Doo Wah Ditty

I also like what you wrote on post secret.

Come visit our blog! And comment please, we love comments :)
http://ivyandhaley.blogspot.com

Ivy