Sunday, May 10, 2009

Not Me! Monday

I've missed a few Not Me! Monday's, so hopefully this week will make up for the lack of sarcasm.

In case you haven't been introduced to Not Me! Monday, yet, here are a few details. This fun game originated with MckMama. Here are the rules to playing, but in sum, you just list a lot of things you "didn't" (read: actually did) do this weekend/past week. All in the name of admitting that we all make mistakes and aren't perfect.

This past week...

(I work on the third floor of my building. When I'm being lazy I take the elevator down). I did not walk into the elevator push "3" (when I was on level three) and then get pissy with the elevator because it wasn't going down to level 1. It did not take me more than 30 seconds to realize I was on level 3 and needed to push level 1. I did not do this twice in one day.

I did not do a happy wiggle dance when I was able to buy jeans in a pant size I have not seen for quite some time. =)

I certainly did not buy the same exact shirt in ten different colors from the gap. I have WAY more fashion sense than that and would never do something like that.

I also most definitely did not spend an EXORBITANT amount of money on a pair of sandals for Italy. I did not justify this purchase by telling myself that the money would be worth it since they were the only pair I could find that were practical, yet cute (and did not look like either something my mother or father would wear).

What didn't you do?!

10 comments:

Saskia said...

Yay for lovely new sandals!!!

(A couple of years ago I bought sandals that cost over £100... they're wonderful and I will continue to wear them religiously every summer!) Well worth it if you get mileage out of them!

x

Pink Pearls & Muddy Sneakers said...

yay for those jeans! and those sandals will be WELL worth it, when you're able to frame the pictures from your trip instead of hide them away because they have things like fanny packs in them.

Marlene said...

Yay for the smaller size!

Hey, I'm sure the sandals were a worthy investment.

Unknown said...

Hey! I think that buying the same shirt in every color is a good thing!
That's fashion 101! If you find a shirt or pair of shoes you LOVE, get them in every color!! ; - )

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the smaller size! Woot!!! And I love reading your "not me" Mondays :)

V

Mrs. Potts said...

I did not do it, but I would totally buy 10 of the same shirt in different colors if I loved it & it fit well. I'd probably even buy 2 black, 2 white & 2 pink!

Yankee Girl said...

There is always a good reason for buying awesome shoes. Enjoy them!

I didn't spend $80 on shoes with cool tigers on them this weekend!

Elise said...

I did not squeal at the mention of new sandals and think about buying some for myself! xx

Marlene said...

RYC: Okay, glad I'm not the only one. Helen looked FRAIL!I was bummed that Tara didn't win, and also though K. would take the at-home. Jerry's 177 lbs is incredible...

Mrs. Not-so-Domesticated said...

Yay for new jeans! I am very guilty of buying the same shirts in different colors, if I find something that I like I stick with it.

So what did you think of the finale of Lost...I didn't know next year is the last season. I'm already depressed about it.