Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Italia in T- 18 days!

That's right, ladies, I'm going to Italy!!!!* In 2.5 weeks!

I've never been to Europe, so I am beyond excited for this 10 day trip with my parents and older sister. I am Italian on both sides, a history buff, and lover of all things beautiful, so this trip is going to be majestic, beautiful, and perfecto! (plus I get to use my fake Italian accent, by adding vowels to the end of every word. You know, like... ohh Ia likea mya spaghettia!)

Anyways, I get the feeling that lots of you laides have been overseas and I am seeking out your advice. What to wear, what not to miss, etc.

But really, I need some advice on what shoes to wear. I need a comforatable pair of walking shoes that I can wear all day and that don't look dumb or geeky. Idealy, I'd like a pair that works with shorts/shirts and pants. I know this is asking alot, but any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks ladies! Looking forward to your thoughts.

*Pending any massive piggy-flu outbreak. =(

13 comments:

Cocaine Princess said...

Wow! Have a fantastic time.
Europe in the summer is tremendous!

Marlene said...

ITALY! Nice!!!

I have yet to find a decent pair of nice-looking walking shoes. I'd just wear runners.

Lucky in Love said...

Oh my goodness!! I hope you have a fabulous time! What a great trip :)

Alana @ The Good Girl Gone Blog said...

I'd say go with converse...they look cute with most casual looks. Normally, I'd say grab a pair of flats, but if you haven't broken them in yet they'll do horrible things to your feet!

Liana said...

SO exciting!!!! yes definately get super comfy shoes!

Saskia said...

Oooh, how exciting!!!

Where are you going to visit in Italy? I'm going to be in Venice from 25th-29th May!!

I've visited Rome and can give you some recommendations if you're going there.

I'd take some trainers and your comfy-iest flip flops.

Saskia x

Anonymous said...

You're so lucky! Have a great time!

Pink Pearls & Muddy Sneakers said...

I AM SO JEALOUS! Also I love your italian accent, haha! I would def not pack too much, pack either brown-accessory/shoe outfits OR black, not both, so you dont have to pack 2 belts, 2 pairs of sandals, 2 everythings (one black, one brown). leave room for souvenirs! oo i am so jealous! did i mention that?

Kate said...

Maybe I will see you there?? ;)

Kris Norman said...

Have a great time! Be sure to post some pictures!

Elise said...

Pumps, darling, take ballet like pumps. They're ladylike (which is a must in Italy) and comfy. Don't forget your heels though. Where in Italy are you going? I love going to Italy, there's so much to do! xx

Whitney said...

Oh my word I know you are so excited! I've never been overseas, so I have no advice other than to have so much fun! Which I know you will!

Kate said...

Yep, as part of my Mediterranean cruise. We are starting and ending in Rome.