Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Mother

A few weeks ago I was out with some friends and jokingly someone said to someone else, "That really isn't what you were planning on wearing tonight?" Totally sarcastic and joking. It became a running joke for the night--"You decided on that hairstyle, those shoes, etc."
The type of joke that is only allowable between really close girlfriends.

Later in the night we joked that this type of snide remark is something my mother would say, totally seriously.

Cut to Saturday afternoon, I was eating lunch trying to peacefully read the comics. When, from my mother comes, "So, I guess you aren't going to be getting a hair cut before we leave for Italy. It's a little out of shape."

Seriously?

No, mother, in fact, I WILL NOT be getting a hair cut before we go. I'm growing it out and Italy or not, I'm not cutting it. And, to add insult to injury, I will be wearing those totally comfy cotton capris you hate on our flight, you can roll your eyes all you want. I do not care.

I'm going to start slipping some Xanex into her O.J.

PS- On a lighter note, the always fashionable Mrs. Potts is having a really good give-a-way!

8 comments:

Lucky in Love said...

Moms...they sure can be delightful can't they :) Wishing you luck!

KLC said...

Haha moms are nuts sometimes!

Marlene said...

Sounds like my Mother-in-Law. *rolls eyes*

Yankee Girl said...

My mom always says to me, "Do whatever you want to Alyson, you always do anyway."

That's when I walk away and do something that'll really piss her off, like get a tattoo, or my most recent purchase, a Harley.

The Pink Chick said...

I think drugs in her OJ is absolutely acceptable!!!! :)

kymberli q. said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting! :) If you ever come out here, contact me and we'll do one for fun! :)

P.S. I can relate to this post! Moms tend to do that and it bugs!! I'm sure your hair and capris are totally cute. ;)

Saskia said...

My mum says things like that to me too... She doesn't like that I pluck my eyebrows or file my fingernails square and she has to remind me how bad she thinks they look whenever she remembers!! urrrrggggh!

Hope you had a great weekend x

The Mrs. said...

God bless mothers!