Tuesday, January 6, 2009
The lovely Saskia has honored me with the New Year Award! Thanks lady!
Here are the rules. You must be a true lover of the New Year to receive this award. The person to whom you give the award must also be in love with the New Year.
List 5 things that you love about the New Year. If you can't limit it to 5 things, then keep going till you run out of space.
Pass the award along to as many people as you like. That can be 1 or 50. It's up to you! But keep the New Year cheer going.
Let your recipients know that you have tagged them by leaving a comment on their site. Also, link back to the person who gave you the award.
Things about '09 I'm Loving:
1. My 2009 Lost Calendar. Hello, Jack!
2. The first Marathon that I have planned!
3. It's potential for new experiences, friends, and fun
4. Hopefully---> Rothbury 2009!
5. A trip with my college roommates to the Spa at Hotel Hershey--Fabulous!
And the new yearie goes to......
The Pink Chick
Newport Nuptuals and
because she must love the new year-- The View from the New Year's Eve Baby
And...AngieS at Psycho Hairapy has given me the Honest award. Thanks, girl!! I'm excited to play.
Let's start with the rules:
The honorees are to:
A) first list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!
B) pass the award on to bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.
1. I'm beyond scared to say out loud that I plan to run a Marathon in 2009. I've always wanted to do it and 2009 seems like a good year. I just don't like to say things out loud, I think it jinxes them.
2. My sister has always been extremely skinny, when she stopped running and gained some weight, I didn't feel bad for her at all. I told her, "welcome to my life."
3. I have a tattoo of a Celtic cross on the inside of my left ankle.
4. One of my top fears (honestly) is that if the T.V. stays on Channel 1 (the one with the static and fuzz) a horrific message will flash across the screen or something equally dreadful will happen.
5. Sometimes I catch myself acting like my mother and I am horrified. Although I inherited her caring side, I honest got her snippy/snarky side and I hate it when I see it in myself.
6. I am a worrier- a serious worry wart. I often fill my head with worries about everyone else, that I forget to do things for myself. On my college soccer team, I told everyone what practice gear colors to wear everyday (the locker room was under construction so we had to bring our clothes to practice with us). On multiple occasions I was the only one who showed up wearing the complete wrong outfit, while everyone else was matching.
7. I still sleep with my teddy bear (teddy) from when I was an infant. He is really gross to others. I used to have trouble sleeping at Boy's without a bear, so he bought me a teddy for his house.
8. I played competive soccer for 11 years and played Division I college soccer.
9. I sware that I have magnetic energy. Street lights go out when i drive by them all the time. It's really weird.
10. In Good Housekeeping magazine (don't ask why I read that when I don't have a house) they have a section called "the good housekeeping way" and one called the "good enough way." Like- if you were going to take 2 hours to clean- do it the good housekeeping way, but if your MIL is coming over in 10 minutes- just shove some crap into a closet and its "good enough." I like to think of all of my homemaking skills as "good enough." I like to do just enough work so that it looks like quality, but really it's not. "Martha for the Masses" I like to think of myself. Like, I'm not going to make a ridiculously difficult dessert but I will put candy footballs on the fudge for the tailgate. (Does that make sense?)
Finally- these awards to the following:
1. Randy at Psycho Hairapy (AngieS I really enjoyed reading your back and forth answers, and thought it would be interesting for Randy to play along as well).
2. Mrs. Stilletos at Newlywed Stilletos
3. Mrs. Not so Domesticated at I Now Pronounce You Husband, Wife and Two Crazy Dogs.